Why Guerrilla Planning Is Important?
In this article you know about:
- Why organization do plans and set objectives?
- What is planning process?
- Why we need Guerrilla planning?
- Why Guerrilla Planning is Important?
- What are Guerrilla Planning Types?
You always need to plan, when you want to achieve a certain goal or specific objective.
There are Guerrilla corporate objectives and Guerrilla marketing objectives, and to achieve those objectives, you need to develop a plan (to know how to write a guerrilla corporate plan, how to write a guerrilla marketing plan).
But when you start to write a guerrilla marketing plan, you should develop guerrilla marketing strategies that could be implemented (that’s why the 1st rule in setting objectives is to create SMART Objectives).
Why organization do plans and set objectives?
Organizations do planning because they are seeking to achieve a certain competitive advantage in the marketplace; advantages that make them competitive in the market, unique, different than any other competitor. Also organizations do planning to organize and prioritize which action they need to do towards achieving their objectives.
What is Planning Process?
Planning is an essential process ensuring that the defined strategy may be successfully implemented, and that the infrastructure required in order to meet the corporate and marketing objectives has been set in plan. Planning provides specific direction, activities and timetables, and it creates the pathways for achieving competitive advantage. Effectively it becomes a program of events (Beamish & Ashford, 2007).
‘The overall purpose of marketing planning and its principal focus is the identification and creation of sustainable competitive advantage’. Malcom McDonald
The previous quote is very important for many organizations and individuals, both in their professional and personal life.
Many years ago, individuals and organizations were looking for something that would make them different, something that would make their organization unique in its relevant marketplace. So if you want to create marketing activities, putting an annual budget, managing your distributors, managing the advertising agencies, consequently, all of the previous steps should be managed through a PLAN. That’s why we need to know how to write a marketing plan, what does marketing planning means, and what is marketing planning process.
Why Guerrilla Planning Is Important?
- It helps in the analysis of the market Place (Situational Analysis or Market Audit), so you can monitor your products performance against the competitors, you can predict the marketing changing dynamics and do actions before the competitors can do.
- It gives you the sense of direction and ownership, because you are working on a plan, and you are controlling everything in your products.
- It helps in increasing the level of communication between you and your direct managers (marketing managers, marketing director), between you and your subordinates (like the sales person) or between your company and their customers through setting a realistic Guerrilla plan that could be implemented by Guerrilla marketing campaigns and other types of integrated Guerrilla marketing communications.
What are Guerrilla Planning Types?
Phase 1: Bottom Up Planning:
The information flows from the lower levels to the higher levels of management; example: if we are talking about the customer service career, the information about the customers; their interests, their personal life, their wants, their concerns, what they are looking for. All of that information should pass from the Customer Service Agent (or representative) then pass through the customer service team leader, supervisor, manager, them marketing department. It depends on the Hierarchy of the organization but as we said, its starts from the lower to the higher management.
Phase 2: Top Down Planning:
The information flows from the senior to junior levels of the organizations; it involve information analysis about the organization and its competitors to formulate an overall corporate plan.
Click here for one-to-one Intensive Guerrilla Marketing Training.
Click here for one-to-one Guerrilla Marketing Coaching.
Click here for one-to-one Guerrilla Marketing Consulting.
Stay tuned, Be Guerrilla!